Monday, September 3, 2007

The Big Media Reformist

Well needless to say, I resonate quite strongly with this cause, so I will be managing this section of Crazy for Rhetoric for the duration of the class this semester along with some help from our resident continuing ed member, Rob. First and foremost, what are the interests most central to the Media Reform Movement, where can one find more information on the Media Reform agenda, and what references (terminology) are made when discussing media reform?

2 comments:

Sersa Victory said...

I feel that any critical look into the American media is not complete without a viewing of the documentary Manufacturing Consent. It's an older film (early 90s), but a classic and still deeply relevant today.

I own it, as does Dr. Aguayo I believe, so you are free to borrow it if you like.

Sersa Victory said...

And also, just to nitpick because a) it bothers me and b) it will help you in the future, it's "the cause resonates strongly with me," not the other way around. Its the cause that's doing the resonating, not you. :)

Take care and control!