Monday, September 17, 2007

Iron Jawed Angels

Hey everyone..Like I said i'm focusing on the Women's Movement..And just a little while ago I turned on channel 17 and a movie called Iron Jawed Angels was playing. Hilary Swank plays a leading women's suffragist named Alice Paul. It's an incredible movie telling the story of a group of women fighting for the right to vote. If you want to know more about women's suffrage it's a great movie to watch. I'm posting a clip from the movie, it's my favorite of the whole thing. Let me know what you think :)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mego, we just watched this movie in Rhetoric of Women about a week or so ago. =)

Megan Ogulnick said...

Well perfect! You know all about it then :) This is what I get for taking Rhetoric of Women last semester! I don't know what's going on! Haha

Sersa Victory said...

Incredible film

Joe said...

Yeah, felt very much like a dialog you would have with Cady Stanton or any other suffragists for that matter, but I would have shot the establishment at an angle instead of shot-reverse shot. Just to give them that titled perspective, like their tactics are a little off.